For all of you gold lovers out there, I have the perfect, easy tutorial to add a little bit of glamor to your table. For this brunch layout, the gold worked perfectly with the black, white, and red color scheme to make a glamorous layout perfect for my model meeting. You can also find a tutorial for the dessert stand pictured above here. I got the parfait cups from IKEA, and the vase was… probably from Michael? Thanks Michael! You could do this to any dishes, just keep in mind, the paint isn’t food safe, so don’t paint the inside or rims of the dishes, and hand wash only.
You will need:
- The dishes you intend to paint
- masking tape, painter’s tape, or artist’s tape
- A Krylon gold leafing pen, or gold spray paint (if you use spray paint, you will also need paper to make sure your whole dish is covered and you aren’t getting paint on anything you don’t want painted)
- An exact-o knife
This is seriously so easy, all you have to do is:
- tape off your design
- Use an exact-o knife to make your edges clean where the tape overlaps
- Go over your design with 2 or 3 coats of gold leaf with your Krylon paint pen
- Peel off the tape
- And that’s it! Now make something pretty to put in your fancy new dishes!
- And send me pictures if you try this, because I want to see your work!